Breakfast has always been the talk-of-town when discussed about dieting or weight lose/gain. The popularly aired disputes during this debate are: breakfast helps in weight gain or weight loss? Who need this morning meal more- kids or adults? What are the basic or must-have elements of an ideal breakfast? After endless discussions and in-depth studies of researches, here you are the summarized notes that unveil the facts and throw light on breakfast myths. Have a glance!
Good Morning to All the Breakfast Skippers Who Repel Their Morning Meal!
Myth 1: A healthy breakfast needs to incorporate high protein and low carbohydrate eatables such as bacon, eggs and sausage.
Fact: The healthy breakfast contains fruits, milk, cereal, sprouts, and nuts.
Myth 2: Night sleep causes hunger and everyone must follow ‘King-sized Breakfast’ rule.
Fact: Heavy breakfast rule works only when:
- The rule of ‘dinner before sunset’ is followed. If a person consumes dinner before 8 pm, only then a heavy breakfast is recommended.
- The habit of natural, clear, and satisfactory bowel is exhibited in early morning, i.e., at 5-6 am.
- Exercise, morning walk or heavy physical work is performed regularly.
Myth 3: Breakfast can be skipped as it only makes one tired throughout the day.Fact
- Breakfast is an imperative element of full-day course as it maintains the blood sugar level that is lowest in morning time.
- It also provides glucose to mind and central nervous system, which is the basic fuel.
- The intake of breakfast keeps mid-morning irritation at bay.
Myth 4: Breakfast is for children only, not for adults.
- Breakfast is an essential meal for everyone at every age. Skipped breakfast can make one gaining even more pounds because after controlling the hunger for a long time, one tends to overeat and insensible eat.
- After a long gap, when hunger turns to craving, then fast food, chilly, frozen, and oily stuff attracts more. It shows adverse effects.
- Teens, especially girls commit this mistake and find it perfectly logical to skip the breakfast, following their dieting agenda in desire of weight lose. Wake up teens! Breakfast is indeed an imperative element that will help you in getting your goals.
Myth 5: Children become lethargic after taking breakfast and give poor performances.
Fact: Both kids and adults need to take breakfast to recharge them up for performing the daily activities; kids need to take it more as the growth of their body and brain relies on regular intake of healthy food.
When kids skip a breakfast, they own potential of controlling hunger for a long period; sometimes kids do not realize that they are hungry and keep skipping the meal. This scenario and semi-starvation period can lead them to face physical, behavioral and intellectual problems.
The Bottom Line: Do Breakfast Habits Contribute to Weight Lose or Weight Gain?
- Eating breakfast neither peels away the weight nor works as magic ticket to weight gain. The quality and total calories that you consume throughout the day is what affects your weight.
- A healthy breakfast maintains healthy weight; it plays role neither in weight gain nor in weight lose. It doesn’t boost or improve metabolism, but keeps it running. The research or facts give no evident of any affect of breakfast on metabolism.
- Morning meal habit restrains the late morning craving and helps avoiding binge eating or unhealthy foodstuff like high calorie junk food and other vending machine products or fast food.
- The habit of king-sized breakfast and prince-sized lunch reinforces portion control, saving from overeating or insensible eating that is performed while making up for a lack of calories.
- Breakfast is an essential element for performing the best morning and early afternoon workouts.
Eat healthy! Live healthy!