Do you often feel slow, moody, and sluggish mid-morning? According to a survey, one out of four people and one out of six adults say ‘yes’ in reply, and the figured out reason was skipping the most important meal of the day- breakfast. Breakfast kick-starts the engine of our body as it is the first meal that we take after rising from the night sleep, so it plays key role in perking up the day.
Reasons to Start the Day with Breakfast: Why the Desire of Breakfast?
Morning meal is called ‘breakfast’ as it breaks the overnight fast. An empty stomach after satisfactory natural bowel make the body light, preparing for perform physical work. This work, exercise or morning walk burns the calories and set a call for morning fuel, that is, breakfast. It prevents heart health and diabetes.
For refueling after a night’s fast, it is suggested to take breakfast that supplies the 25 percent of nutrients of the day.
4 Health Benefits of Morning Meal: Why Breakfast is Important?
- Breakfast energizes the body and gives a boost to the brain, making you happier.
- It not only provides the necessary nutrients, but also is good for the waistline.
- The habit of healthy breakfast shows long-term effects. Studies say that breakfast taking people are in lower risk of chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart problems.
- Can you imagine concentrating on any task with a growling stomach? It is surely a tough deal. Breakfast not only gifts sharper focus, but also keeps you away from morning crankiness, starvation, overeating, higher BMI (Body Mass Index), and bad cholesterol.
Well-balanced Constituents of Healthy Breakfast
Do you know, only 12 percent of people take a balanced breakfast? Get sensitized here about what are the balanced breakfast components.
Those who take dinner before 8 pm, possess satisfactory empty stomach, and perform adequate workout early morning, are suggested to take heavy breakfast that contains whole grains and lean protein. This makes one feel pleasantly full and contented throughout the day.
People who do not perform physical work or daily exercise in morning or if a walk is not a part of their schedule, they should prefer:
- Fresh fruits or fruit juice
- Cereal: a lighter preparation with minimum oil and fat
- Soaked nuts with a glass of milk
Fruits, milk and cereal are the basic constituents of a balanced breakfast. It is suggested to avoid high-calorie eatables, saturated fats and sugary products.
People Popularly Intake the Following as Breakfast
- Carbohydrate: Grains, cereals
- Protein Food: Eggs, fish, meat
- Beverage: Fruit juice, milk, tea, coffee
- Fresh Fruits, vegetables, oatmeal
- Other Stuffs: Sweet breads, toasts, pancakes, bacon, mushrooms, muffins, baked beans, crumpets, sausage
- Additional Eatables: Butter, ghee, margarine, marmalade, jam, sauce
Say ‘no’ to physical work just after a breakfast and take rest for a while.
- It causes diversion of blood flow through limbs.
- It hampers the blood supply to digestive tract.
- Thus, this wrong practice upsets the digestion.
5 Healthy Breakfast Tips for Including Morning Meal in Full-day Course
- Prefer the protein and fiber rich food items as they make you feel fuller for longer time.
- Choose a piece of fruit when you have to select between fruit and fruit juice.
- When your clock ticks fast and you don’t have enough time to prepare a breakfast, intake a glass of milk and muffin or go with a breakfast smoothie.
- Make plan about breakfast a night before.
- Select the sources of calcium for your morning dose.
Quick Combos for Breakfast
- Cereal with milk
- Cheese with muffin or toast
- Yogurt as topping with fruit or cereal
- Smoothie with milk
- Smoothie with yogurt
- Fortified tofu with smoothie
- Oatmeal with milk (instead of oatmeal with water)
- Waffles or pancakes with milk
- Waffles or pancakes with butter milk
- Egg on a bun
- Muesli: Combine 1 cup of rolled oats, 2 cups of milk, half cup of sunflower seeds, and half cup of raisins in a bowl and refrigerate. You can also add cranberries and shredded coconut to it.
Shake up your wake up with healthy breakfast of milk, nuts, sprouts, cereal, and fruit syrup.