In Case of Muscle Strain When to See a Doctor or Take Help of a Professional?
- You sense inside or hear the sound of a pop in the muscle when the injury incident happens.
- The case is of severe pain, discoloration, or swelling in the strain-affected part.
- You are feeling weakness in your muscle in comparison to the muscles of your opposite body part.
- You are at unease because of strain-restricted muscles.
- Home remedies for muscle strain or preliminary treatments don't ease with relief within 24 hours injury.
- Your muscle strain shows the problematic symptoms after 48 hours too. In case, the mild muscle strain's symptoms are not disappearing within two days of injury, it is a matter of some serious call.
- Your mild muscle strain pain worsens as the days past.
- You are unable to perform your daily chores or activities due to severe back pain.
- Your treatment is not beneficial for strained back after two weeks too.
- Other than back pain, you are suffering from
- Numb leg
- Groin numbness
- Rectum Numbness
- Pain or burning signs while urinating
- Lost the control or feeling unease with bladder functioning or bowel mechanism
- Tingling in leg
Muscle Strain Diagnosis Method: Examinations
- Tell about the strain-triggering moment and activity. Was there any pop that time?
- Are you sensing the lack of muscle strength, in comparison to when you were not injured?
- Is the pain not allowing you to move strain-affected area?
- In the recent time, have you suffered from fever, leg numbness, weight loss, bladder or urinary issues.
- Do you remember any inefficiency or symptoms that may point towards any medical problem?
Other than quenching incident related queries and performing physical exams, a doctor takes the medical history as well.
Muscle Strain Examination Outcomes
If the process brings doubt, three tests are useful:
- MRI Scan ('M' = Magnetic, 'R'= Resonance, 'I'= Imaging)
- Backbone or vertebrae
- Spinal canal
- Vertebral Disks
- Spinal Cord
RICE: Muscle Strain Treatment
No too much stretching!
No too much use of suffered part.
Complete rest to strain-affected localized area! It is necessary for commencing healing procedure.
What is Ice Pack?
Ice packs found in markets are small plastic sacks with water or liquid or some special type of refrigerant gel or solution. You can make it at home too.
Crush some ice and fill it in a plastic bag. Wrap this bag in a towel and it is ready to use.
Pain-relievers, anti-inflammatory medicines and physio therapy are also a part to aid the process in muscle strain cases.
Severe Grade 2 or Grade 3 Cases
- Immobilization for weeks, to keep your injured muscle area safer
- Surgery for repairing
- Rehabilitation program for too much severity
Muscle Strain Rehabilitation Process: 3 Phases with Guidelines
Acute Phase: Muscle Strain Rehabilitation at Inflammatory Phase
Muscle Strain Prevention Techniques: 4 Useful Guidelines to Follow in Acute Phase
- Apply R.I.C.E. treatment.
- Watch your range of movements or motion.
- Perform gently for safe side.
- Do not give pointed stretches to the muscle-strain-affected area. Go for mild stretching. If it increases the muscle strain pain, avoid.
- More than required physical movements or recreational activities may become the cause of further injury. Decrease the rate and intensity of such activities for muscle strain prevention.
Sub-acute Phase: Second Stage of Muscle Tear Rehabilitation
4 Important Guidelines to Follow in Sub-acute Phase
- This is the time to increase the intensity of stretches. Three (03) sets are adequate, where you can take the stretch holds of 30 seconds.
- Second effective realigning agent is a massage. It has power to free the facial adhesion. Massage is also helpful in realigning the muscle fibers that are new to your body.
- Resuming the resistance at a gradual pace is the step next. This process helps realigning the muscle fibers and regaining the strength.
- In observation of a Physical Therapist, it is also important to address the strain related factors such as inefficient patterns of muscle recruitment, pelvis mobility, and spine mobility.
Maturation Phase of Pulled Muscle Rehabilitation: Recovery
Guidelines: 5 Type of Trainings to Strengthen the Muscles
- Resistance Training: This is the phase in which the resistance training's pace is sent to next level. The intensity is increased, slowly and steadily.
- Endurance Training: One more training is supplemented with resistance training, which is endurance training. This strengthens the muscle fibers.
- Aerobics: Here, the not-to-forget conditioning is Aerobic or cardiovascular.
- Proprioceptive and Balance Training: Needs to do it carefully to not get the the strain back.
- Agility Training: Plyometrics is the main performance in this training. Practicing the quick movements is the core feature of it. This training means the damage or loss is almost recovered and the rehabilitation program can be brought to halt.
Muscle Strain Recovery Time Duration
Let's know the expected duration of suffering from muscle strain, as per condition!