Are you also craving to get a zero figure or six abs pack with holding a TV remote control in one hand, and gulping spicy fried chips or tempting ice cream cone from another hand? Does your bumpy tummy becomes a plate-stand every so often? Is your extra weight lumps have become a nightmare that horrifies you? If you have said 'yes' for even once, you need a little motivation and then a health care guide to lead you towards a healthy lifestyle.
Invite Self Motivation
Have you ever thought why we all go gaga over Deepika Padukone or Hrithik Roshan? Because they own a balanced yet healthy body which comes from following a balanced yet healthy diet dose. What I like the most about their job is, it keeps them on toes for maintaining a balanced body along with their shooting regime. Trust me, there is nothing like being the owner of a maintained physique. And once you own it, you will watch mirror more than the celeb pics. Start loving yourself too and take your first step towards a healthy world that is waiting for you with open arms.
Follow Your Ideal Diet Chart
When "Diet Chart" is teamed with the word "Ideal" it starts to suck from beginning, but an Ideal Healthy Diet Chart doesn't mean cutting your favorite sweet like gulab-jamun or rasgullas. It doesn't support craving, but discipline. You can eat everything, but you just have to watch the time to escape form a nutritional catastrophe. That's it!
Let's head towards planing a perfect eating day for you! And relax, your chocolates and ice cream are going to go nowhere. Just don't let your motivation evaporate anywhere.
9 Healthy Diet Dose Plan for Every Day: Apt for both Western and Indian Meal!
If you want to cut your calories to loose weight immediately, this is a daily eating plan that works wonder without bidding farewell to Indian meal that incorporates sugar, carbs, fats, and calories. It is not only a day diet plan, but also a weight control plan.
If you’re looking for a new weight-control plan, make this your final dietary switch. Low-fat menus derived from all of the food groups offer endless combinations of healthy foods that will help you maintain, lose or gain weight. The ideal meal plan provides nutrient and calorie balance that matches your health condition and activity level. Ask your doctor for help assessing your weight; then select a calorie limit, such as the 2,000-calorie average daily diet, and start planning your meals.
Let's dive deeper into those 9 breaks for entire day which make an Ideal Healthy Diet Chart!
[7:30 AM] Morning Dose (First Break)
Every day brings a new morning which can be turned from 'new' to 'good' if started with a smile of optimism. Remember, our existence on this planet is seen with the body we own, so give little positive efforts showing care for its health right from the beginning of your day.
What to Take
- One glass of water
Say good morning to your body with a glass of water. As we do not drink while sleeping for hours, our body needs rehydration. This one glass is also helpful to flush out the impurities.
We can not run right at the moment we open our eyes after waking up in morning. We walk with dragging legs, performing slow and sluggish. If we get to do a rigorous activity, it annoys us. The same way, our digestive system also gets less active and if we eat something at that time it might annoy our system leaving you with digestion problems. So do not eat anything until ans unless your body is fully active. Give the gap of half an hour between waking and eating.
[8:00 AM] Breakfast
A pile of research proves that breakfast takers posses slimmer body, tend to face lesser nutrient deficiencies, pulled by lesser accident cases and own brighter memory in comparison to people who skip breakfast. Never forget it is the most important meal of your entire day.
Ideal Time of Taking BreakfastOne must take breakfast between 7 am to 8 am, So that next dose of the day can be taken on right time. Delaying this time might cause you feel low energy level.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas: Important Morning Dose
This is the time when you need to take nutrient-dense meal. For example milk and cereal. It is low in fat and sugar; thus low in calories. Simultaneously it is high in fibre, calcium, vitamins, minerals and potassium; thus high in nutrition.
Here we have added Vitamin B and D, but if you need to supplement your diet with vitamin C too, add one of the following breakfast ideas:
- Fresh or dried fruit like banana, apple, strawberries, grapes, etc,
- Cereal with fresh or dried fruits
- Cereal with plain low fat yogurt
- Cereal with half cup of fresh and pure fruit juice
- Cereal with half cup of fresh and pure vegetable juice
Other Breakfast Combinations:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 cup of tea or 1 glass of milk
- 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread with 1 cup of tea or 1 glass of milk
- 1 bowl of oatmeal with 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal boil with 1 cup of skimmed milk
Light yet nutrition rich Breakfast Food Items:
- 3 idlies with sambhar and little chutney made of tomato, cabbage, onion or mint.
- 1 boiled egg with 1 cup of tea and bread toast
If you want to perk up the beginning of your day with lifted energy, you can go for sel foods. Some of the examples of morning energy lifters:
- Muesli with milk that is semi skimmed
- Raisin toast with cream cheese that is fat reduced (You can add sliced apple with it)
- Porridge with sprinkled brown sugar and raisins
- Low fat fruit or milk shake
- Mixed grain loaf with baked beans and avocado
- Skipping meal, that too breakfast meal is one of the most unhealthy habit. Break it!
- If you are going for the last option of energy lifters, do not forget to check the glycaemic index before gulping which tells you the measurement about how soon the food with raise the blood sugar.
- Avoid coffee in breakfast. If you don't find any other option or get strong feeling of taking it, sip only 1 cup of coffee, that too light. If you kick-start your day with a strong coffee, this caffeine stimulant can be adrenaline overload for your body. if you take coffee as continuous practice for long, this can lead you to low or high mood fluctuations, energy drop or feeling of stress.
- Avoid too much use of chutney in breakfast. Give coconut chutney lesser priority in comparison to other chutneys.
[10:30 AM] Snack
If you wake up late till 9 am, you can take snack as breakfast at around 9:30 or till 10:30 am. If you have taken heavy breakfast, you can have light snack. If you have taken just a glass of milk or fruit juice in breakfast, you can take a little heavy snack, but don't overeat otherwise you can build a tendency to skip your midday meal- lunch.
- 1 Orange
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- 2 cups of water melon
- 1 cup of yogurt with some portion of cut fruits
- 6 to 8 almonds
- 6 to 8 walnuts
- 7 to 9 (in total) almonds and walnuts in combination
Prefer to take yogurt this time. You can go for its sweetened varieties too as this can help to boost your blood sugar level to keep you steady and sustained till lunch time.
Taking calcium rich items separately from meal is a good practice as otherwise mineral can absorb dietary iron or vice-versa. 225 mg of calcium is good amount to include for keeping your bones strong.
Don't take a heavy sandwich or overdose this time to skip lunch meal. Even if you survive till 2 or 3 pm, you feel hungry and will tend to eat spicy, chilled or fried food which will give adverse effects and ruin your entire diet chart.
[1:00 PM] LunchBreakfasts are said to be the most important meal; does it mean lunch can be avoided to skipped or dealt with lesser care? No! Lunch is as important as breakfast. It is the time to feed your body some protein mainly.
Ideal Time of Lunch
The best time of taking lunch is between 12 to 1:30 pm.
Healthy Lunch Ideas
Add those ideal protein sources to your lunch, which are low in saturated fat.
Preferring a preparation of corn, rye or whole wheat without oil or ghee is the best diet option for weight watchers who want to control their weight without feeling hungry or empty stomach. They help in loosing weight by making you feel full without adding extra fat to your body. Being the good supplier of fiber-dense carbohydrate, they give energy on lesser volume of food.
To make your lunch more healthier and lighter, you can take salad or fruits or combination of both, if you have not taken in early morning. And if your breakfast didn't include milk, you can add one glass of fat-free milk in this portion as well, to fulfill your daily calcium need.
Western meal options:
- Vegetarians can prefer whole-grain bread, crackers, tortillas or any other variety of wheat, rye and corn
- If you have mood to take sandwich, add veggies to your plate by making a vegetable sandwich. You can also fill some salad in your sandwich, to make it healthier.
- Non vegetarians can add tune, ham, lean deli turkey, etc in lunch with almond butter and peanut.
Other Preparations: Tuna jacket potato, lean ham with salad sandwich, toast topped with poached egg, etc.
Indian meal options for a complete lunch plate that proves healthy yet light:
- 2 Chapattis (Roti or Phulka) with lesser butter or without ghee and oil, 1 cup of dal, 1/2 cup of vegetable curry, 1 bowl of salad
- 1 cup of well-cooked rice which cooking process involves the drain of starch (maand) when rice is half cooked, 1 cup of daal, 1/2 cup of vegetable curry, 1 bowl of salad
- Non vegetarians can go for 2 Chapattis (Roti or Phulka) with lesser butter or without ghee and oil, 1 cup of chicken curry made in 2 teaspoon of oil and one cup of salad
- Keep your lunch rich with high protein sources to keep afternoon alertness lifted. Such a lunch satisfies your hunger too.
- Bright colored salad, especially deep-sharp green colored salad is a great source of vitamins. Such salad includes cancer preventive carotenoids too. Add this as a vital element often. One bowl of salad is good enough.
- Don't add heavy carbohydrate sources to your lunch plate, especially if you take lunch at your workplace. A carbohydrate rich meal can lead you to post-lunch dip. As you can't take a snap or siesta at workplace, this crave of snooze can lead you to headache. It can make you slow, lethargic and mentally sucked.
- Avoid dessert, chocolates or ice cream post lunch. If you can't end your lunch meal without adding the richness to it, finish with cheese, fruit or handful nuts.
- Avoid coffee or soda after lunch. If you want to drink something with your lunch, add milk or fruit juice in your meal.
- If you are on diet or want a balanced weight, avoid salad dressings that are the prime source of fat.
[4:00 PM] Refreshment
This is the time to watch the calorie meter and give your body those nutritious elements that it couldn't take in breakfast, snack and lunch time. Supply your body those eatables which didn't become the part of your healthy diet chart till now.
Healthy Refreshment Ideas
- Most of the below options are your five-a-day targets, take care.
- You can take yogurt, fruits like apple, orange, fruit salad or any fruit juice. Yo can also take dry fruits like almonds or cashews, sultanas, raisins or any other supplement of iron, calcium or mineral like magnesium that owns stress-busting agents.
- Pumpkin seeds with raisins
- Pumpkin seeds with cranberries (dried)
- low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chickpea hummus
- Whole grain crackers in little amount
- Fat-free plain yogurt with cut fruits or vegetables
- Fiber rich dried apricots
- Keep a calorie count and take the nutrition as per balancing that.
- Avoid fried chips, pretzels, etc that are less nutritious.
- Avoid tempting treats like biscuits, chocolates, etc. as their regular consumption can give you a serious cholesterol level which increase can put you in a trouble.
[6:30 PM] Energy Drink
After a long tedious day, it's time to relax a bit and make you stress-free. Take an energy drink to lift up your evening mood. You can take a drink that works as flavonoid antioxidant and reduces the probability of heart diseases. It can be lemon tea or green tea too.
Do not push yourself towards alcoholic drink as soon as you get free from daily work related responsibilities. Keep any kind of boozy drink away from yourself for saving your immune system from getting weaker. Opting for other healthy drink options will help you taking a sound night sleep too.
[7:30 PM] Energy Take
This is the time to inspire from ants and treat yourself with some sugary food like sorbet. And what if I introduce this part of diet as a successful mantra to have a balanced body? Know below how it helps in loosing weight or let me use a better term 'controlling weight'.
What to Eat
If you opt for tomato soup, it is one of the best options. You can also go for any other tomato recipe in which it is cooked or processed. It contains lycopene that reduces the probability of prostate cancer in men.
You can't control the craving of desert for long or always, and you don't need to do so as well. After all sugary treats are also made for eating only, but taking it this time subsequently cut down your food intake at dinner table. If you consume glucose this time before dining, you eat less in dinner which aids in loosing weight with ease.
Avoid sipping sherry or gulping nibble nuts because these are high alcohol appetizers which increase the calorie consumption of dinner time.
[8:00 PM] Dinner
Dinner is the time of reunion of all the family members at one table. It is a blissful eating time. Make it healthier with happier by introducing to your plate right food items in correct amount.
Ideal Dinner Time
If you want to take your dinner around ideal time, you can take it between 7:30 to 8:30 pm.
Healthy Dinner Ideas: Ideal Grain Foods for Ideal Dinner
Barley, brown rice or bulgur with raw salads or cooked vegetables are amazingly healthy, nutritious and lighter dinner options. Such preparation offers both vitamins and minerals. Simultaneously it is a low calorie dinner serving too. For fulfilling the need of Vitamin C and hushing the craving of desert, you can opt for a fruit dessert.
Best Dinner Ideas for Cholesterol Watchers
If you are on mission to cut down your cholesterol, introduce pinto beans or black beans to your dinner entrees. You can feature kidney too.
Dinner Ideas For Non-Vegetarians
Staying leaned with protein is a good idea for dinner plate. For a non-vegetarian serving in dinner, you can choose lean meats. For example: beef sirloin, trimmed skin from chicken, pork lion. What can be a better dinner idea than low-fat fish, if you want to cut down your saturated fat but don't want to go away of a delicious plate? You can opt for this option twice a week.
Indian Meal Options for Dinner
- 1 Chapatti (Roti or Phulka or Indian bread) avoiding ghee or oil, 1 cup of Dal, 1/2 cup of vegetables curry, 1 bowl of salad
- 1 cup of rice with removed starch (maand), 1 cup of dal, 1 bowl of salad
- 1 chapatti (Roti or Phulka or Indian bread) avoiding ghee or oil, 1 cup of chicken curry, 1/2 cup of boiled rice, 1 bowl of salad
What to Include in Dinner: Other Option
- 1 serving of broccoli
- 1 serving of cruciferous vegetables to add anticancer components in your daily diet, especially to reduce the risk of colon cancer
Examples of such veggies: brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc.
If you can't resist a drink after dinner, you can go for 1 glass (Not more than 2) of non-alcoholic red wine. It incorporates heart healthy antioxidants and provide phytochemicals to your body which are known to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Avoid eating dinner late evening, especially after 9 pm. If you take dinner late hours and sleep right after eating, it can give an adverse effect to your digestive system. Take dinner between ideally recommended time to avoid digestion problems and disorders.
- Do not eat plain meat or plain poultry. Eat marinated or simply dipped meat or poultry to decrease the risk of cancer. When you heat it in high temperature or give it a frame grill, it includes more cancer promoting substances, comparatively. You can use the combination of vinegar, oil and mustard to prevent. Care for yourself by preferring a healthy cooking method to avoid heterocyclic amines that promote cancer probability.
[10:30 PM] Before Sleep Dose
In case you feel hungry or you have to wake up in late night hours, you can take a before-sleep snack that include light carbohydrate
Before-sleep Snack Idea that is Healthy and Lighter
- 1 bowl of cereal
Pre-sleep Snack Ideas
- 1 glass of butter milk
- 1 glass of salty lime juice with warm water
- Seasonal fruit like water melon
Don't go for any kind of heavy eatables. If feel hungry, don't avoid this crave too. Eating light carbohydrate food boosts the formation of serotonin in brain which helps in sleeping and avoid the tendencies of morning migraines that visit your head when you don't care about low blood sugar.
Say no to even a drop of alcohol this time as it can stimulate te cells of your brain, giving you chances of being susceptible to insomnia.